Software Development Intern
We are seeking an attentive, responsible intern to join our development team. In this position you’ll work as part of our software development team and be expected to learn on the job. We’re interested in hearing from qualified candidates who can:
- work independently and without step-by-step directions,
- demonstrate interest and aptitude in software engineering and development through either formal or self-directed education and
- solve problems creatively and with persistence.
As a company we provide IT admin, software and data-science services in the areas of medical decision support, data visualization, collaboration tools and regulatory fieldwork. We build web, desktop and mobile applications. Our clients include the federal government, academic research and private industry. We also have a SaaS group focused on a time management product. Our firm is <20 individuals, all working remotely. This position is also remote.
If selected, you’ll receive intentional, empathetic mentoring, experience working with a seasoned engineering team and be given exposure to a range of interesting projects.
Required Skills/Experience include:
- demonstrable interest in software engineering,
- knowledge of Windows and *nix operating systems and tools,
- ability to work with initiative without constant supervision and
- ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Desirable Skills/Experience include:
- AA degree or higher in related field,
- competence with real projects and/or github history,
- functional programming,
- configuration management,
- continuous integration and deployment systems and
- familiarity with scripting languages.
Hours: between 10 – 20 hours/week for 3 months, remote/telework. Must be eligible for employment in the USA.
Pay: depends on skill and experience
To apply: please submit a cover letter and résumé with references to email@example.com. Use subject: Software Development InternBack to Careers