Software Developer/Data Scientist
Growing consulting company has a position opening for a Software Developer. Junior, Senior, or somewhere in-between, we are looking for intelligent, curious, collaborative craftspeople to join our team.
We are a small (<20) group of passionate software developers building applications in the diverse areas of industrial risk management, remote team collaboration, scientific data analysis, visualization and decision support. All-remote work, flexible hours and competitive benefits.
We have an eclectic set of needs and are willing to train you in areas of inexperience. If you are a person passionate about software quality and user experience, and if you possess and can demonstrate expert level experience in a subset of the skills below, we are interested in hearing from you. These are listed in rough order of priority for us at this time.
- Expert in node.js, methodologies, and related packages
- Web stack standards: HTML/CSS/backbone.js, jquery, Twitter bootstrap
- D3.js, d3.compose
- SQL basics and related applications (Postgres, Oracle, MSSql etc)
- Windows/Linux admin
Academics (we are not all academics, but you’ll find these things useful here)
- Computer Science / Applied Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Operations Research
- Physical and Electrical Engineering
- Data visualization
- Human interface design
- Graphic Design
The way we work:
Core requirements ( you’ll need all of these, no exceptions )
- Strong communication skills, in English, both verbal and written
- Willingness to endure a rigorous set of interviews and assignments to determine capability and suitability. We protect our team.
- Must be a strong self-starter and able to work well independently with honesty and integrity
- Must be eligible for US employment
- Must pass US Government background check / security clearance
Please submit a cover letter, CV/Resume with references to: email@example.com. Use Subject: Software Engineer Position
Principals only pleaseBack to Careers